Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Yule/Christmas 07

On Saturday December 22nd, my sister, her husband and their children came over to celebrate the Winter Solstice and Yule with us... My father and step-mother also joined us.

Here are mine and my sister's children...from left, Willow, Alex, Catriona, Kurtis, Kelsie, Nicole and Nolka.

Willow loved her new dolly! Poor thing was not feeling good this night either...

I was explaining to Catriona how Santa was going to come down the chimney and leave gifts for us, along with the ones to her and her sister and brother, from mommy and daddy...

Of course, none of them wanted this picture taken! Can you blame them, hehe!

Aww, this child loves, loves wee, teeny things...this is a teeny baby doll... I love watching her cradle her dolls and even imaginary babies...

Ok, every year someone makes me cry...this year is was Nicole...she got this frame that says "A mother holds her child hand in her heart forever" and she put an old picture of her and I in it, a time when it was just her and I...

I'm trying to convert my kids over to the organic side... Kurtis really liked the smell of this organic men's aftershave, yay!

And this is one of my attempts with Nicole...it's Burt's Bees body lotion...well it smells so yummy, she looked at me after smelling it and said "your lucky", I'm thinking "hello, there are lots of yummy organic, natural smells!" Well, hubby ended up getting me one too and I didn't even know it! Mmm... I think we really need to pay attention to what we put on our skin and in our mouths these days...

My husband Loves the Harry Potter series! Can you tell! LOL

Catriona kept putting her silk veil in front of her face, I think like a bride?

These are pretend wooden eggs!

Ok, so how typical is this??? She's playing with a box on Christmas morning! lol

This is a flying raindeer airplane! Uncle Fraaank! lol

Because we celebrated Thanksgiving this year with my brother and his wife, at his sister-in-law's house, we decided to have a small turkey for our Christmas dinner... Growing up this is when Richard and his family have turkey, considering they do not celebrate a Thanksgiving in Scotland.



Ok, I really think my kids were tired of the camera, hence their silly expressions! lol

Oh well, it was a long day :)

Happy Yule, Happy holiday and a very Merry Christmas to all my family and friends out there! And a very spirited New Year too!!!

No comments: