Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter morning with my family...

We decided not to add much candy to Catriona's basket this year...she seems to have a reaction to sugar...even the natural kind, like in fruit...it's an almost instant change in her too...so we have to start being very carful with how much she's getting... But the puzzles and colidascope (sp?), felted barrettes, bobble heads and the peep pen was a lot of fun for her... There were some jelly beans and chocolate too, just not a lot...



The Easter bunny hid "real" eggs this year! The one's we hard boiled and decorated and left on the table for him :)
My new Easter morning tradition are these delicious Hot Cross buns! Typically they are served on Good Friday...


It was a quiet Easter this year, with my two older kids growing up so fast, sometimes it seems as if Catriona is an only child with them being gone so much doing their own thing a lot of the time... I do try and have them included in as much as I can, but they just spread their wings and fly...it's really sad for a mother sometimes...I think it's called "empty nest symdrom"? ;)

No comments: