Sunday, June 22, 2008

Feathered friends...

The strangest thing happened to us last week! This parakeet landed on our picnic table in our back yard, just right out of the blue! I was so surprised to see a domestic bird just fly into our yard like that, we had no idea how long it had been loose either... After I took these photo's I captured it and put it in one of our cat carrier's with news paper on the bottom, a dish of water and a dish of bird see that we just happened to have! I went to Walmart that night to pick up a cage for it and some real parakeet food and a couple of toys, and in the meanwhile I had bumped into the Animal Control Officer! She said a cackatoo had landed in her yard just two weeks before and it was doing great! And come to find out she new who was letting these bird go... Apparently a nearby neighbor was at her quota, or something like that, for these exotic birds and was just letting them go! Well, I'm not at all into caging animals of any kind, but this bird needed a home, so I was going to give it that! On my way home I called hubby to touch base with him and he told me the bird had died...was lying on it's side in the cage...I was actualy sad. All I can think is at least it got to experience the beautiful outdoors before it died. It was so pretty and so very friendly. Here are some photo's of it.




No comments: